Saturday 24 November 2012

Red Pepper Allegations



Today’s red Pepper carried unfortunate allegations about my young brother Baker Balunywa and myself stating the numerous imaginary properties that I possess. As a Head of Institution every two year I make returns of my wealth to the IGG under the leadership code. Today’s pepper carried false stories about my young brother Balunywa and many untruths about me regarding my properties. One of the two properties photographed is mine (the Entebbe one). Those who know me closely know this is my dream house. It is a good house I must admit, full of good ideas with a very beautiful garden. If you have been to MUBS you will know what I am talking about. But I do not own a petrol station at all, I have no property where a Kenyan expatriate pays 1,500 dollars per month, I do not live in Kololo, I do not have monster vehicles. Those who know the MUBS Nissan vehicle will be embarrassed that I still drive that vehicle. I do not own any apartments, I have no state of Art in Ntinda “where I spend my Thursdays” I do not have a residence in Kawuku, I do not have farms in eastern Uganda except the one in Entebbe where I grow pineapples and pine trees. I have no commercial structure at all later on in the city centre. Yes I have a house in my village town in kasolo Iganga (I always joke with my friends that my village is the most industrialized village in Uganda because it has a steel rolling mill). I have no storeyed posh residence near Archbishop Nkoyoyo’s entertainment centre. My young brother Baker Balunywa was referred to as “the reclusive civil servant tycoon is stubbornly rich” yes he has a residence in Seeta but that is all. What comes to mind is that the revelations we have been looking at appear to be sham after all. I thought that my friends at the Red Pepper had started something good in terms of revealing what people owned with an intention of shaming those that were looting public funds but looking at what they have done makes me think twice. I was informed by my housekeepers at my Entebbe residence that somebody had come with a camera and taken pictures of the house from outside the fence and he ran away when approached by the people in the house. These people were travelling in a Toyota Premio, similar people were seen at my brothers residence in Bweyogerere and were reported to the police. Anybody who is interested in knowing my personal property, I file my returns to the IGG under the leadership code. I am a public servant who is controversial and cannot afford to make silly mistakes that would cost me my hard earned image. I earn reasonably well and I do not have the skeletons in the drawers that Red Pepper has made. I wish they would do more research. Otherwise I now look at what has been published with scorn. I want to tell my FB friends that it is possible to create wealth legitimately especially through buying and selling property. Please read the poor dad rich dad book, you will make money legitimately and you will not be ashamed of it. I have sent a personal message to my friend Rugyendo on his private facebook account. Please address this problem, we have talked about this before. Please do not destroy people’s careers with false information published against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment