Friday 24 August 2012

Customer Service.


I traveled to Jinja on Thursday night. I was with a group of people, travelling about 9pm. You do not expect much traffic however there was still traffic in the Bweyogerere and Mukono areas. These days it is a night mare to drive on many of Uganda's roads. If you are up in the air, you may mistake cars in the traffic jam for cars that have packed somewhere. I hope our engineers can get us out of this mess and if they don't do so soon it will only grow us. I don't know what is worse than a night mare but an interesting thing was when we decided to have dinner at some restaurant in Jinja that opens late. We have eaten there before and the food isn't that great but for a traveler in our conditions, it serves the purpose. This time we got a shock of our lives. After taking our order, the waiter comes and says "omugagga agambye temujja kulila wanno, tetujja kubawa mmere okujako nga you take away" we were shocked of course and since I like obeying silly rules I stood up to go. One tough person in our group confronted the "omugagga" and we were finally allowed to eat. I forgot to say that the waiter said we were going to indulge in drinking beer and not wanting to go away. Imagine someone making these allegations? And I think in the group, I had possibly none of them enjoy beer very much. The service was so miserable, the food was terrible. I remembered my customer service rules, one which said "when you are mistreated, do not shout or kick, just do not go back" I hope the owners of this restaurant where i have eaten before several times can improve their customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment